LaurieKnits

Monday, November 21, 2005

New Blog

Since Moddblog doesn't seem to be recovering and I really liked keep a blog a I've switched to this site. I don't really know what I'm doing here, hence the screwy layout and ugly placement of pictures.

This is a picture of the toy I've made for a friend's little girl. It is a fluffy bunny that was alot of fun to make, and not very hard. The only problem was that this yarn was a bit thin for guage and hence the bunny was a bit "holey" which I remided by darning the holiest bits. Looking at these pictures it seems I
might still do a bit of darning on the feet so the stuffing doesn't show through. I also made a dress for her. It looks awfully homemade, but it was my first toy (other than catnip mousies!)I hope the little girl will like her. The book she was made from was quite fun, and I plan to try a few more toys from it. "Knitted Toys" by Fiona McTague

















I have also been working on dog sweaters – Particularily one for Rita – a teeny tiny miniature Jack Russell terrier. Here we are at the Helliewell's this summer.

I got this fabulous book from the library. They have lovely things, including matching pet person outfits (not as bad as it sounds - think Aran fisher knit dog sweater and matching fingerless gloves for person) a squeaky cat chew toy for "hours of vindictive fun". It is called “Knitting for Dogs” by Kristi Porter at the library. Rita is a great test subject because she is so small that the sweaters knit up fast – this one in about 2 hours watching tv! I had to use a stuffed dog toy to model this because it is just too small for Ranger the cat!

I have started another sweater from this book for a slightly bigger dog – this one is a cute turtle neck in a variegated yarn, which is much less ‘froofy” – it is for a boy dog. It involves steeking for the sleeves which I’ve not done and am somewhat afraid of but am game to try – hope it works out! Ths is a great book that I'd highly recomend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home