LaurieKnits

Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Loop Craft Cafe in Halifax

This is from an email I recieved from a person who is part of a joint venture to open a knit cafe in Halifax - can't wait to see how it all turns out!

"On October 1st we take over our space on Barrington St. downtown Halifax, and start transforming it into our knit cafe. It will be called "The Loop". We expect to open mid-November. We don't have a website yet, but we will, and will definitely have e-mail updates. I'll gladly add you to to list for sending out the web address when it's ready. And we love Knitty, it's very much aligned with the kind of mood & community we want to create. We are excited about the space we found (across from Loomis & Toles), we are convinced that this will become a happenin' spot! We are three co-owners, one of whom is a male knitter (my boyfriend Bill) and we intend to try to encourage more men to get involved too. It's great to hear from you and to know that there is a 'buzz' out there about the place ... please pass it on!"

Let's all support this venture and make it a success! I have paid a brief visit and the space is lovely and well-renovated. The yarns are the ultimate in luxury and most I've not seen in halifax before, just read about in mags like Vogue knitting - this means they are a bit beyond my budget, but it is great to see them "in person" as it were. The people were very friendly, and the workshops look intriguing and seem very reasonably priced. So if you live in the area go to the website, sign on to the mailing list and let's make it a success!

Go to The Loop

The website gives hours, location, products, a newsletter sign-up, and a handy calendar of upcoming workshops!

My great hope is that the intriguing "storefront display" highly visible window right on busy Barrington is going to suck lots of people in to see what is up and snag some new knitters in the process!

They also have alot of very very sexy handcrafted needles and other accesories that I drooled over!

GO GO GO!

1 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Blogger Moxie said...

that is great news for Halifax! I'm not from Halifax, but I was there 2 years ago and fell IN LOVE with the city... hope to get back there soon, and when I do, The Loop will be on my list of must-do things!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home