LaurieKnits

Thursday, February 16, 2006

invasion of the teddy bear clones....

I present for your inspection my two latest endeavours in toy/doll making. Both are spooky "blank faced" because I need to find some embroidery floss to do the faces with.

So they are like blank clone cuddlies for now.

I did the bear from a really neat book "The Knitted Teddy Bear"by Sandra Polley. This book has a really cute selection of knitted bear of different types and styles.

The one I did was very simple - the bear was made entirely
of rectangles of knitted fabric, the shaping was all as a result of running stitches and knots tied off to shape the various bear bits.

You can't really see it in the picture but he even has a snout.

Now that its done I'm kind of
tempted to felt it.... I wonder what would happen? Any ideas?

I don't like the way the arms and legs atach to the body - Ican't really describe what is wrong but it is obvious in the pictures.

This was a simple, beginner bear at any rate, and I finished it in a evening. I want to try something more ambitious,
better looking, and with button joints next time.

Also, I finished and felted my schmeebot but he didn't turn out quite the way I wanted. I think I overstuffed him... or something. He is still kind of cute in a maimed way... although in this picture he loooks like roadkill.

I also finished my small and further modiefied "coronet" hat. I added ear flaps, and when I did I wasn't sure if I had made them big enough. So I added a crcheted edgeing to the earflaps, that looks kind of ruffly.

And yes, this soes make Coronet the hat so nice she
made it thrice! and then some.

My reluctant model says it all I think...

2 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

I love all 3!! And what acompliant model! No felting - they are as sweet as can be just as they are!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Zee said...

I't a lovely hat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home