LaurieKnits

Friday, February 10, 2006

Oh what a Tangled skein we weave...


I finally did it. Finally went to the LYS (Local Yarn Shop) that would have been mine if I hadn't gotten divorced. Its probably good that this LYS and I just visit each other occasionally. If I had been living next door to it,things could have gotten nasty. And fluffy. A Yarn intervention might have been needed. But happily for us all, the universe unfolded just as it should, thus I and Tangled Skeins became ships that pass in the night ... This is a lovely lovely, and did I mention lovely, yarn shop. The have all the Brown Sheep yarns that I'd read about in Knitty.

So I bought some Lamb's Pride Worsted 85% and15%Mohair, and it makes such a difference. I swear, its like the yarn is alive. It has such beautiful stitch definition, such perfect elasticity. It made 2 hours of sitting in a bus that is moving only slightly faster than you could walk an enjoyable interlude instead of a reason to go starkers and start pulling out my hair.

Tangled Skeins had several versions of the kind of yarn I bought, and a vast arry of others. It is always wonderful to meet "in person" the yarns you have read about in Vogue Knitting or the Knitty website. This is sad isn't it? Its like the yarns are celebrites or something and I am this rabid fan.... They were all nicely displayed, and the lighting and space was lovely. . And when you leave, they put yoour yarn in a lovely sturdy brown bag, perfect for gift giving, cat sleeping or rat housing... If you have not gone and you are located in an area that makes a visit feasible, i tell you GO TO THIS SHOP.
If you can't read it from the bag here is the info:
Tangled Skeins Yarn Shop
158A Portland Street
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
B2Y 1J1
902-464-0387
They don't seem to have a website.

I'm off to enjoy my luxury yarn...

1 Comments:

At 2:49 AM, Blogger K. said...

Hello there SP5 :-) Thanks for the comment, I'll definetly keepp you posted on the pattern front for the laceweight. Isn't sexy-soft! I'll email you or pass straight through the blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home